Unable to Change the Preferred Search Center in Sharepoint 2013 -My Sites

Recently I changed the global search center URL of my SharePoint 2013 farm hence I wanted to update the Preferred Search Center URL in My Sites to the new URL. But I was Unable to Change the Preferred Search Center in Sharepoint 2013 (My Sites).
Altough it is very easy to set up Preferred Search Center in Sharepoint 2013 through Service Application Management --> Setup My Sites-->change the URL and hit OK. But when I went back to the setting it was showing up the old URL.
After some google search I found that this is a bug in SharePoint 2013. A workaround is to set this via PowerShell:

$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication$ssa.SearchCenterUrl = "https://url-of-the-search-center/"$ssa.Update()

Verify the setting :

$ssa = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication$ssa.SearchCenterUrl

Now reset IIS by running this command:

iisreset

Or you can reboot the server .

No comments:

Post a Comment